A collaboration between R&B powerhouses here, and a new video to go along with the song, “Writing On the Wall,” has fans super pumped. Check out French Montana with Cardi B, Post Malone, and producer Rvssian, then scroll down for what you missed in the video!
After watching it once or a handful of times, did you notice any of these things?
- The bicycle rider on the left in the first shot of the music video is wearing a Givenchy brand long-sleeve shirt. Guess how much a shirt like this costs? A similar shirt on the Givenchy website is listed at $695.00. The bike he’s riding probably retails around the same.
- Next up… 10 seconds in, the guy standing with French Montana looks up before French takes off. Is this an edit gaff or can the guy see into the future?
- French Montana is watching a TikTok video of “Writing On the Wall” and clicks the heart. He’s also doing this in another of his music videos, called “Slide”…
- Immediately after this, he rockets up to the sky but notice in the background the same cat goes by twice. Or perhaps it’s another cat. Cats are always everywhere!
- When he lands in the city as a giant human, there’s a taxi with a TikTok ad on the roof.
- He’s sitting near an intersection of Hectic Boulevard. Maybe that intersects the “Boulevard of Broken Dreams,” a la Green Day?
- Another TikTok ad… as crowds gather around.
- They may have shot this video around the time New York City has an annual “5 Boro Bike Tour” as seen in these street sign by behind Post Malone. That would be a good time to shoot the video since a lot of streets are blocked off for the annual bike event in May, although most of the video is green screen, so who knows.
- French and Post Malone are riding motorcycles without helmets, but you can see they’re clearly not in New York City. Good thing, because wearing helmets is required by law in the entire state of New York. Maybe this part was shot in Jersey. I’d say, however, using at least one hand is recommended, Mr. Malone!
- Another TikTok billboard at 2 minutes into the video.
- A few seconds later in the video a meteor blasts through the atmosphere. Never saw that the first time I watched the video!
- Yankee Stadium has solar panels, but no “Yankee Stadium” sign.
- I’m guessing this is the front grill of a Bentley.
- Glowing glittery lights form the skyline of a city, New York perhaps?
A few other fun facts…
- The phrase “writing on the wall” comes from the book of Daniel in the Holy Bible. Chapter 5 verse 5, King Belshazzar is having a party and sees fingers of a man’s hand appear and begin writing on the wall in his palace.
- TikTok is advertised throughout this video, and French Montana actually has a song called “Tic Toc” (But spelled differently than the phone app)
- At the time of this post, French Montana has 75,900 followers on TikTok.
Thanks for stopping by!
-Out of the Wilderness