I’m going to be totally honest with you right now. My original plan was to make a list of my top 10 favorite Super Bowl commercials but the first few ads airing after kickoff were movie promotions. Nothing turns me off more than those types of commercials during the Super Bowl. I want to laugh. I want to cry. What I DON’T want is a movie trailer. So right away, I gave up on making that list. The first half of the game was somewhat entertaining but I felt the urge to turn the TV off and do some work. I know, what am I thinking? So instead of watching the rest of the game, including the halftime show that interested me about as much as math, I drove to downtown Nashville to deliver food with Uber Eats.
BUT! I do still have a list for you… my favorite moments from the entire weekend!
Top 10 Moments From Super Bowl Weekend:
10. Chatting with a couple after delivering their dinner with Uber Eats
9. Selling my DJI Mavic Air drone
8. The Chiefs impressive 4th quarter comeback to defeat the 49ers in the Super Bowl
7. Listening to Kevin Harlan’s Super Bowl play-by-play on the radio
6. In church, learning a new Latin phrase: ex nihilo
5. Seeing Don Shula and Dan Marino before the Super Bowl started
4. Watching my beagle Piper dig for moles in the backyard
3. Playing catch with the captain of my softball team
2. Worshiping on Sunday with a song my brother showed me months ago, “Waymaker”…
Like I said earlier, I watched some of the first half, and did get to catch the last 2 minutes of the game when I got home. But because I was driving around town for a couple hours, I missed most of the game… so without further ado, the #1 highlight of my Super Bowl weekend is…
1. Not being subjected to the Super Bowl halftime show
Thanks for stopping by! What were your highlights from the weekend? I’ll leave you with this… one of my favorite Super Bowl commercials of all time. This aired in last year’s game. Go Jeep!
-Out of the Wilderness