I think we can all agree this debate was much easier to stomach than the first one. It was very interesting how many times the moderator Kristen Welker, who ultimately did a nice job, interrupted Donald Trump (18x) in stark contrast to her Biden interruptions (1x). It is widely known that Trump can be a steamroller in debates, so in Welker’s defense, keeping a tight leash on the debate was a good idea. Even still, she was very loose with letting Biden get his responses in, sometimes even asking him if he’d like to respond.
Personal highlights were as follows:
- Trump says Biden is trying to be “an innocent baby”
- Biden says we are “learning to die” with Covid, after Trump says we’re learning to live with it
- Biden says we are all the United States, then goes on to say red states are having a Covid spike
- Trump says Biden is selling “pillows and sheets”
- Random, unexpected introduction to “Bidencare”
- the “laptop from Hell” comment from Trump
- 5 seconds of the most awkward silence after Biden is asked to respond to a Trump comment
- Biden checking out the First Lady as she walked across stage after debate ended
Download my full debate notes below, using CNN’s coverage of the debate as a reference:
Thanks for stopping by!
-Out of the Wilderness