I’ve enjoyed a vegan diet for many years now, with only a few exceptions for specific reasons. In my years of meatless existence, I’ve come across a few brands of vegan burgers, or veggie burgers, that I’m going to list below. I had the idea for this post recently when I cooked up a couple of vegan burgers from a brand I’m not very familiar with yet. For this dinner, toppings I used were Daiya dairy free cheese, vegan mayo, and ketchup, with a side of Hidden Valley vegan ranch dressing. I know those condiments might hide the flavor of the burger but I must say, it was delicious. The brand of burger is Dr. Praeger’s. They make a few different flavors of burgers, I went with black bean quinoa.
And now I will rank my favorite vegan burgers from the five brands I’ve tried.
- Beyond Burger. This one tastes most like a normal beef burger. It’s also hefty, but the downside is that I’m thirsty afterwards. Too much salt.
- Sweet Earth. It’s hard to find this brand but their teriyaki burger is amazing. Highlight recommend this one.
- Dr. Praeger’s. Great flavor and not as much sodium. A little on the small side for each patty but still, delicious.
- Morning Star. Nothing to be excited about.
- Impossible Burger. All the excitement of not eating meat, but without the flavor or enjoyment. Just blah.
Have you tried these brands? Is there another meatless burger brand I should be trying? Comment below, thanks for dropping in!
-Out of the Wilderness