Thought I’d post a lighthearted list of signs your church might fall on the side of super trendy, hipstery, and/or cool. Have a laugh, and feel free to add your additions in the comments below – Out of the Wilderness
10 Signs Your Church is Trendy
- Forget hymns or anything by Hillsong. The worship team is teaching you songs by OneRepublic, Taylor Swift, or Coldplay.
- The pastor calls passing the offering plate, “the original crowd-funding.”
- People there are all pretty much the same age as you… that is, if you’re 25-35 yrs old.
- You overhear someone call a hymnal, “vintage.”
- Ignite. Encounter. Resurrection. The word ‘church’ isn’t actually in the name of the church.
- The Gathering. Oasis. Red Door. Glide. The church sounds like an apartment complex or night club.
- Before church, you stop by a coffeeshop… and it’s in the church.
- At any particular point, you count 47 guitarists on stage.
- You haven’t brought a Bible in years.
- You leave a church service feeling great about yourself.
Thanks for checking out the list! If you have any to add, feel free to comment below 🙂