I recently picked up the LG360 camera for a few reasons, which I’ll share with you now.
- It’s one of a handful that are currently available. I’d also like to try out the Bublcam and the Giroptic 360cam degree cameras but both those brands are currently on “pre-order.” I’ve heard the Bublcam won’t ship till December 2016.
- The low price point! It’s only $199 and while that’s not pocket change, it’s still quite a bit less than pretty much any other piece of technology, am I right??
- The video quality is better (allegedly, based on my research) than the Ricoh Theta S. Both good cameras, but at the end of the day, I want picture quality to be as close to the 21st Century as possible, and again from my research, the Theta S looked blurry and not HD. Here’s a video I shot yesterday on the LG360.
- Convenience. This tags along with availability… I was able to drive to a nearby Verizon store and pick one up. Perfect as I’m planning to use it next week during a family reunion. I got the camera yesterday and I’ve already posted 4 videos on YouTube.
- It works with YouTube and Facebook… and the process to make that happen scared me based on user reviews. But it was a sinch. I haven’t imported footage into an editor program yet, but I plan to this week.
I highly recommend this camera, even for the simple idea of practicing with it until higher quality cameras become available. But even if you end up sticking with this one, you could do a lot worse! Also, shameless self-promotion: use the link below to take advantage of Prime Day (Tues 7/12), buy this camera, and I’ll get pennies just from you using the link. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the camera as much as I have so far!
-Out of the Wilderness