First of all, it’s a very calculated and strategic move to have Justin Bieber as the still frame representing this video (see above), although the song is credited to Dan + Shay, the first release off their upcoming album. Having JB draw in viewers might help some of his fans cross over to the D+S camp, as seen below in the stats, there is a lot of room for D+S to grow their fanbase.
Justin Bieber – 119,000,000
Dan+Shay – 1,000,000
Justin Bieber – 106,000,000
Dan+Shay – 528,000
Interesting take-aways from the video
- The duo’s biggest hit to date, Tequila, boasts over 73 million views on YouTube, posted well over a year ago. This video is nearly halfway to that mark and it was posted just over a week ago. The Justin Bieber nudge.
- 10,000 hours is equal to about 416 days. That’s 1 year and 51 days. It’s 600,000 minutes. It’s also 36 million seconds… about how long it feels if you’re ever stuck in Nashville traffic.
- All 3 men in this video are married, spoused listed below:
Dan Smyers spouse: Abby
Shay Mooney spouse: Hannah
Justin Bieber spouse: Hailey
- Dan Smyers and Abby can be seen riding a Lime scooter. To ride such things, it’ll cost you $1 plus around $0.30 per minute, give or take. They can get up to speeds of 15mph. Check more Lime info here.
- There are approximately 292 words in this song. The song is 2 min and 56 sec long. That’s roughly 100 words per minute. Or in terms of the song title, that’s 1 word every 34 minutes for 10,000 hours.
- If Matt Redman’s song, “10,000 Reasons” were mashed up with this Dan + Shay song, it would be called, A Thousand Reasons Per Hour, performed by 80s rock band 10,000 Maniacs.
Thanks for stopping by!
-Out of the Wilderness