UPDATE: What will 2018’s Song of the Summer be? Check out my thoughts, here 🙂
Omi undoubtedly has the hit of summer 2015, right? But who’s this woman below?
Scroll down to find out!
She’s cute, she can dance, and this is not the first music video she’s appeared in. But who is she? You’re about to find out!
from her IMDB page
Her name is Sheila Leason but she goes by Sheila Marie (Marie is her middle name).
She’s also in the Nicki Minaj video “Only” as pictured here:
She also played a part in the Elvis Crespo featuring Pitbull video “Sopa De Caracol.” If you want to see that, click here.
Since “Cheerleader” came out, she’s been in the Ray J featuring Lil Wayne video for “Brown Sugar.” Check it out here, she’s mostly in the last half of the video.
She’s been featured in Kay Jewelers stores, the link to those pics is here.
You should follow her on Twitter! Her handle is @Ms_SheilaMarie_
Her cousin is Associate Pastor Johnny Olivardia from Impact Church in Miami, Florida.
Taylor Swift goes wild in “Look What You Made Me Do”… check out how wild by clicking here!]
Some other fun facts about the song and the 2015 music video:
1. It was shot at Haulover Beach in Miami, Florida. Part of the beach is “clothing optional”…yes, that means there are naked people walking around so don’t look for Google images of the beach, or at least don’t say I didn’t warn you.
2. The dancers learned the choreography in just a few hours, according to this video.
3. The song was originally released in 2012 and was a hit in Jamaica and Hawaii. There’s a music video for that version (sans Sheila Marie), here:
4. “Cheerleader” started gaining traction in the U.S. when Simon Cowell (famous producer and former judge on American Idol) did a deadpan performance of the song, which you can see here.
5. The version we are hearing on the radio is the remix done by German DJ/producer Felix Jaehn, and if you haven’t seen the video yet, you might as well take a few minutes and check it out.
6. The car looks to be a classic 1975 Chevy Caprice, as seen below. I learned from Johnny Diaz who reports for the Sun Sentinel that these restored and tailored cars are called donks. Thanks for the info Mr. Diaz! Read his article here.
7. Behind the scenes of the video:
8. You might be asking, “But who are the other two dancers in the video? Come on!” Well, I’ve got the answer, check it out on this more recent post.
9. It’s being called the song of the summer by lots of critics. Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon continues to say that, too, but also called this song a possible song of the summer. History will tell! Here’s a clip from the Tonight show of Jimmy doing a pretty hilarious rendition of the song as Donald Trump:
-Out of the Wilderness