I saw an El Camino recently and for a split second thought it was Kid Rock.
Then I had a revelation… there are quite a few celebrities that look like cars.
Adam Levine / Corvette
Hunter Hayes / Toyota Rav4
Lil Wayne / this car
Paris Hilton / Mazda RX-7
Vince Vaughn / Volkswagen van
Neil Patrick Harris / Alfa Romeo
Alfa Romeo 2000 Spider Veloce. The Series 2 Spider was introduced in 1970, and in 1971 the powerplant was upgraded to 1962cc and 132bhp. This was the Spider 2000. The original 1570cc engine was reintroduced in a less well equipped Spider 1600 Junior.
Some other fun facts about the song and the 2015 music video:
1. It was shot at Haulover Beach in Miami, Florida. Part of the beach is “clothing optional”…yes, that means there are naked people walking around so don’t look for Google images of the beach, or at least don’t say I didn’t warn you.
2. The dancers learned the choreography in just a few hours, according to this video.
3. The song was originally released in 2012 and was a hit in Jamaica and Hawaii. There’s a music video for that version (sans Sheila Marie), here:
4. “Cheerleader” started gaining traction in the U.S. when Simon Cowell (famous producer and former judge on American Idol) did a deadpan performance of the song, which you can see here.
5. The version we are hearing on the radio is the remix done by German DJ/producer Felix Jaehn, and if you haven’t seen the video yet, you might as well take a few minutes and check it out.
6. The car looks to be a classic 1975 Chevy Caprice, as seen below. I learned from Johnny Diaz who reports for the Sun Sentinel that these restored and tailored cars are called donks. Thanks for the info Mr. Diaz! Read his article here.
7. Behind the scenes of the video:
8. You might be asking, “But who are the other two dancers in the video? Come on!” Well, I’ve got the answer, check it out on this more recent post.
9. It’s being called the song of the summer by lots of critics. Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon continues to say that, too, but also called this song a possible song of the summer. History will tell! Here’s a clip from the Tonight show of Jimmy doing a pretty hilarious rendition of the song as Donald Trump:
So I had a dream recently, and in it I was making a dance compilation video for “Call Me Maybe.” Hey, everyone’s doing it, so the dream wasn’t far from reality. The only thing I remember, though, is being in a room, behind the camera, recording the dance moves of Lil Wayne. Not totally embarrassing because he actually was a pretty good break-dancer.
If you’re so smart, can you tell me if this is normal also??